Marshallese Readers Set 1 (bilingual)
Level Concept: Learning To Read
The set covers predictable, repetitive patterns. Repetitive language along with illustrations help children to predict what happens next, without decoding the words themselves. This level is recommended to be read with an adult the first couple of times so that children may establish the repetitive pattern and feel successful reading the books independently. Each book contains a pronunciation guide.
Set 1 Themes:
- Ideal for Emergent Readers
- Simple sentences with repetitive patterns
- High-interest stories with local island themes
- Playful illustrations to reinforce text
10 book set titles
- Ilo Makut En An Ri–Kallib Rani/At The Farmers Market
- Ilo Jikin Keemem Eo/At The Luau
- Raan eo Jinoin Tata in Jikuul/First Day Of School
- Leen Wōjke/Fruits
- Limo ill Jikin Menninmour En/Fun At The Zoo
- Ewōr Juon Aō Jerbal/I Have A Job
- Il Jipan/I Help
- Ta Na?/What Am I?
- Ne Ij Lale Lojet/When I Look In The Water
- Wōn eo Epād Jodi ko Ippān?/ Who Has the Slippers?
- full color illustrations and photographs
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- 12 - 16 pages
- all books sold in single set, includes all 10 books shown