Making Eyelash Crochet Leis
With Coryn Tanaka and May Masaki’s newly released Making Eyelash Crochet Leis, creating lifelike permanent multi-textured and multicolored lei is easier than ever. Using the information provided in the book, crafters can …
- Custom-make beautiful ribbon and yarn lei which are washable and uncrushable for any recipient and any occasion.
- Recreate traditional floral lei ‘oni (lei with a spiral or flickery pattern) and lei humu papa (flat lei with flowers and leaves sewn to a backing)
- Combine multitextured ribbons and specialty yarns in an endless variety of designs
- Design hatbands, head or neck lei, wristlets, anklets, or hair ornaments
This book provides
- A supply list and step-by-step insturctions
- Simple patterns for a variety of multicolored lei designs and styles
- 51 designs, with photographs, arranged by color and style for easy selection
- A list of school colors for Hawaiʻi high schools and colleges
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
May Masaki and Coryn Tanaka are a mother and daughter team. They design and create ribbon lei, offering classes at community centers and at Flora-Dec Sales Inc. They own and operate U & Me Crafts Inc. and hold many international copyrights on their ceramic pieces which have been sold around the world.
“Large close-up color photos illustrate each step along the way to completion... Not to forget either—these leis are worry-free un-crushable and can be washed.”